Retia Medical Receives U.S. Food and Drug Administration Clearance for its Innovative Argos Cardiac Output Patient Monitor
– Proprietary Multi-Beat Analysis™ (MBA) algorithm ensures superior hemodynamic monitoring accuracy via a non-invasive system that is easier and less costly to use –
VALHALLA, N.Y., Dec. 17, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Retia Medical, LLC, a medical device company focused on advancing the quality and clinical use of hemodynamic monitoring, today announced that its Argos Cardiac Output (CO) Monitor has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration 510k clearance and is now available for sale in the United States. The Argos CO monitoring device is intended for use on patients above the age of 18. It is intended to be used as a hemodynamic monitor for cardiac output monitoring and its derived parameters on patients in the intensive care unit or the operating room.
The Retia Argos CO Monitor is highly accurate, easy-to-use and cost-effective. Equipped with the company’s proprietary Multi-Beat Analysis™ (MBA) Algorithm, it guarantees superior CO monitoring performance, quality, reliability, and compatibility for enhanced hemodynamic management.
“A key challenge in realizing the potential clinical benefits of CO monitoring is that many monitors fail to track CO changes accurately when fluid and vasoactive drug therapy are administered,” said Marc Zemel, S.M., M.B.A., co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Retia Medical. “We designed Retia’s proprietary MBA™ algorithm to overcome the limitations of current CO monitoring technologies in order to realize the potentially life-saving benefits that accurate and effective hemodynamic management can provide to patients. With FDA clearance, the Argos CO Monitor is now available for sale in the United States and we are excited for the opportunity to advance CO monitoring as a strategy for improving patient outcomes.”
How it Works
Accurate CO monitoring can dramatically improve proactive clinical decision-making for high-risk surgical and critically ill patients and improves operating room (OR) and intensive care unit (ICU) outcomes. The Argos CO Monitor provides clinicians with the data required to track oxygen delivery and maintain optimal fluid status. Additionally, by eliminating disposable costs and integrating seamlessly with all vital signs monitors and common electronic medical record (EMR) systems, the Argos CO Monitor provides a simple and cost-effective solution to making CO monitoring broadly accessible in a greater number of care settings and making CO monitoring a standard of care for more patients.
In addition to its superior accuracy, key benefits of the Argos CO Monitor also include:
- Enhanced ease of use – The Argos CO Monitor offers a patented, intuitive user interface that incorporates the streamlined design of consumer technology and offers user-friendly features. A single cable connection is all that is needed to acquire a blood pressure signal from any vital signs monitor. This facilitates set up and eliminates the need for user training.
- Simple EMR connectivity – The Argos Monitor seamlessly integrates with EMR systems, providing immediate access to patients’ hemodynamic profiles from remote locations. With an open architecture and a vendor-agnostic design, hospitals aren’t locked into one proprietary system for data exchange. The Argos Monitor architecture ensures against obsolescence, providing a higher return on investment by eliminating the need for costly upgrades or system changes in the future.
- Cost-effective – Without the need for costly disposables, the Argos Monitor can reduce five-year costs by more than 75% compared with other leading monitors.
U.S.-based clinicians interested in scheduling a demo of the Argos CO Monitor can do so via the Retia Medical website or by calling 914-594-1986.
About the Argos Cardiac Output Monitor
Retia Medical designed the Argos Cardiac Output (CO) Monitor to provide members of the Critical Care team in the OR and ICU with a more accurate, intuitive and affordable hemodynamic monitor that supports confident, data-based patient care decision making.
Equipped with Retia’s proprietary MBA™ algorithm, which uses advanced signal processing to improve the model of circulation and enables accurate tracking of both fluid and pressor resuscitation, the Argos Monitor seamlessly combines accuracy, ease of use, EMR connectivity and cost-effectiveness.
About Retia Medical
Retia Medical aims to advance the use of cardiac output (CO) monitoring to improve patient care by providing members of the critical care team with a more accurate, easy-to-use, and affordable hemodynamic monitor that supports confident, data-based decisions.
Retia brings together industry-leading expertise in physiology, signal processing, and computational algorithms to engineer innovative monitoring solutions that give clinicians up-to-the-minute data that they can rely on to make informed patient care decisions. Additionally, Retia is committed to offering more clinicians access to CO monitoring by reducing the cost and inconvenience that limit the use of traditional CO technologies to the most high-risk patients. For additional information, please visit www.retiamedical.com.
Recent Press Releases:
- Retia Medical Raises $15 Million to Accelerate Commercialization of the Argos Hemodynamic Monitor
- Study Shows that Cardiac Output Measured by the Multi-Beat Analysis (MBA™) Algorithm Correlates with the Pulmonary Artery Catheter in Post-Cardiac Surgery Patients with Arrythmia
- New Study Demonstrates Retia Medical’s Multi-Beat Analysis (MBA™) Algorithm is More Accurate Than a Competing Cardiac Output Monitoring Technology in Cardiac Surgery
- Retia Medical Announces Bernd Saugel has Joined the Clinical Advisory Board